At digital school of delhi, we Invest a lot of time in writing and Providing fantastic reading articles for our students. A lot of whom are familiar with the workings to get a website running on WordPress. This guide is intended to assist anyone who is creating their first website, likely with WordPress. It’s the stage we recommend and use to our website.
A Step-by-step tutorial — we begin with finding the Web hosting service, adding the right topics, plugins and customizing Your site’s look. From the time You’re done with this the Way to make a Website all set!
What is a Website ?
A Site or a Website is an essential location of various webpages which are all related and maybe retrived by visiting the home page using a internet browser. By way of instance, Digital School of Delhi’s website address is www.digitalschooldelhi.com.
What is WordPress ?
WordPress is an online, Open Source website creation tool written in PHP language. But in simple language, It’s most likely the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today.
What is Content Management System (CMS) ?
A mechanism which permits you to make your content and publish it on a website. Let us say that it is a coat hanger rack with the jacket being your own content.
Your host server, Your server provider will likely have a one click installation procedure that will assist you receive your own CMS installed. When it is installed, you can log in to a site as the admin and add pictures, text and other articles. You are able to use the content you have added to make blog articles and other sorts of content like a merchandise page or display a job portfolio onto your own website.
A CMS is far more than Only a way to An end, it is possible to install a motif which is a modified template to suit the specific niche and aim of your site. With the template included, you are able to customize the look of your site. All of this and more could be accomplished with a Content Management System.
Which CMS is best for you ?
An overwhelming majority of websites use Word Press. The other two options that lag way behind in comparison to WordPress (certainly in popularity) are Joomla and Drupal.
The ideal option for someone who’s creating his their first website. It websites. We receive 1.5 million views every month and we all conduct WordPress, so that gives you an idea of exactly what medium traffic constitutes if you were wondering. Even big websites like TIME Magazine, CNN, TED, Techcrunch, NBC and many others use WordPress to host millions of pageviews each day.
Why WordPress ?
- Easy To Install: Most hosting services have one click installation options for WordPress given the number of people who use it.
- Strong Community & Open Source: It is free and used by a lot of people. There are a plethora of free themes and plugins that you can leverage for your site. Apart from the freebies, premium themes and plugins are cheap and come with excellent support services from their providers. If you ever have a doubt or a problem a simple Google search can answer your query. If fact, I’ll go so far as to say you’ll find the answer to your doubts answered by the first three results of a Google search. A strong community will aid in your WordPress initiation process should you ever encounter any hiccups. And you can always drop your comments here either Aigars or me will be sure to respond to the at the earliest opportunity.
- Ideal For Non tech savvy online entrepreneurs: Most of the products associated with WordPress, such as themes and plugins are fairly straightforward and intuitive to use. Installing a Content Management System like WordPress is only the first step of the process, there is much more to website creation beyond that. Like WordPress which is easy to install and configure, the tools that you’ll require to make your website whole are easy to handle.
Note : Do not get confused with WordPress.com, which is a blog site built with WordPress. What you are building here is a your sitename.com as opposed to youisitename.wordpress.com.
Because you can see WordPress is undoubtedly the most popular material management system and is utilized by 65 percent CMS powered websites worldwide. The thing you will need to understand is all CMSs have one drawback or another. And to get a brand new net admin, WordPress is the ideal thing to do! But I’ll discuss Drupal and Joomla, all exactly the same. You must certainly be aware of these, in the event you decide to switch your CMS in a later point in time. Plus it will also let you know why maybe Joomla and Drupal aren’t best suited to the needs of beginner.
Choose the Right Website Name (Domain) and Hosting
Before you Pick a domain name, you’ll Want Make sure of This niche You’d like to focus on. Selecting a niche area to concentrate on, is an equally important job in and of itself. For the time being, only be certain it is something that you like and are genuinely passionate about. And make certain you’ve got reasonable expertise in the topic matter involved.
You can literally register any available (not registered yet) domain name but here is something I recommend:
- Business website — If You’re making a website for the business it might be best to Decide on a domain name this is your business name or manufacturer. An example Domain name could be YourComapanyName.com or YourBrandName.com
- Private website — If it is going to be your private website it would be good to go with com.
- Hobby website — The sky’s the limit
Hottest domain names extensions (the Ending part of website Speech, like . Id) are . com, . org, . Internet, but in the past few years a massive number of brand new domain extensions are introduced (Wikipedia).
However, .com, . net and . org. New domain extensions have not gone mainstream yet and might confound your visitors. Some social networks, services and programs have problems Least for today.
Choosing the Right Domain Name
The next step in our procedure involves choosing a domain name. A Domain name is basically the URL one type right into a browser address bar to visit a particular website. A couple of things that you will need to bear in mind while considering domain name choices.
- Short — Shorter titles function better when it comes to remembrance and are simple to type also.
- Brandable — Recall your domain also runs to your own brand, make certain that it isn’t memorable for all the wrong reasons.
- Effortless to type.
- Includes key word (optional) — Identify the right key phrases or combination of key words. Search engine optimization (search engine optimization)
- Niche specific (optional) — If You’re writing a website about a specific niche check If there are hot abbreviations which you could utilize.
- For Instance, in WordPress there are lots of highly rated websites with “wp” as a portion of their name. WPEngine.com, a managed hosting service for WordPress.
Choosing the Right Web Hosting
You really have two options when it comes to hosting provider types recommended for WordPress newbies :
- Shared Web Hosting
- Managed WordPress Hosting
We do not recommend anything other than a shared hosting plan for first time webmasters. All other forms of hosting that you may have heard of like Virtual Private Hosting (requires reasonable technical know how), managed WordPress hosting (too costly) might not be the right choice for your first website. As your knowledge and business grows you might consider VPS or fully managed WordPress hosting. We’ll teach that all in our digital marketing training programme.
Shared hosting is the way to go and later we can talk about upgrading your host. We’ve recommended shared hosting service and have also added elaborate installation processes for WordPress with it. The hosting provider offers domain (free of cost) registration and website hosting and that’s exactly what we need to create an awesome website.
Our Recommended Web Host :
iPage – One of the best and cheap option available for beginners.
Click here to visit iPage and proceed with your first website setup.
Step 1 : Purchase Hosting Server for Your Website.
As you are just starting with website creation, we’ll suggest you to go with the lowest plan. As you grow, you can upgrade your plan as per the requirements.
Step 2 : Choose a Domain Name (FREE)
Now, Enter your desired domain name and click on check availability. After choosing your domain name, proceed ahead with registration and billing.
Step 3 : Complete Registration and Billing by Filling your Information.
Choose Go Plan for a Year and De-select all pre-selected addons.
Note : If you want to make your domain information public then you can deselect Domain Privacy, or if your want to keep it private, then keep it selected.
Now, confirm all the information again, scroll to the bottom of the page and Check Out for Payment. After confirmation of payment, you are ready for making your first website.
Step 4 : Now login into your account and click on WordPress icon as shown in the image below :
Step 5 : Click on Domain and select your domain on which you want to install wordpress and click on next. Follow below screenshot for reference.
Step 6 : Fill in all confidential information including website name, username, password and admin email id and click next to complete your installation. After completion of the installation, you’ll get following message :
Now, that’s it. You are ready with your first website. You can proceed with customization of your website and pulish content on it.
You can learn to make professional webites like big companies and agencies do with out digital marketing course.
You can learn to design it like professionals do with our digital marketing course.
Youc can learn to earn money with your website with our digital marketing course.
You can learn to Create content for your website with out digital marketing course.
You can learn to make your website a brand with our digital marketing course.
You can learn to market your website just like professionals and agencies do with our digital marketing course.
You can learn to gain visitors to your website with our digital marketing course.
There is lot more you require to do to your website and for your website, all you can learn with us.
Join our most advanced digital marketing course. Both online and offline classes available.
You can start with taking a FREE DEMO CLASS.
Latest posts by Digital School of Delhi (see all)
- The Top 10 Digital Skills Tech Companies are Looking for Today - September 23, 2017
- Why digital marketing is the next big career opportunity - September 20, 2017
- Arun Jaitley Launched GOOGLE PAYMENT App : Tez - September 19, 2017